Another day, another China Eastern business class mileage run/mini-vacation! This time, it’s to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Before we jump into the trip’s details, just a heads-up that China Eastern/MU deals are harder to find for dates past April.
So take advantage of these or ask the Juicy Miles mileage run department for help creating a run.
Saigon Mini-Vacation Run!
Currently priced at about $2079 (though I saw it for ~$2025 on Expedia), it’s estimated to yield $7241 MQD, 28,836 MQM, and 36,658 SkyMiles. Credit the trip to your Delta Air Lines SkyMiles number — that’s the important part.
Some options allowing you to stay for one night, others for a few days.
Here’s an example for a Tuesday, March 3 departure from JFK. It arrives just after 1:00 AM on Thursday morning, March 5. Your return leaves SGN at 2:10 AM on Friday, March 6, getting you back to New York about 10:00 PM that night. (Yes, those lie-flat seats will come in very handy. 🙂 )
This direct link to Expedia the March 3 deal — but you can play around with the dates for something suiting your schedule.
Plenty of dates are available, especially during April.
- Cost: $2024.75-2079
- Dates: See above calendar
- Route: JFK-PVG-SGN-PVG-JFK
- Class: China Eastern I between JFK and PVG. China Eastern J between PVG and JFK.
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 18,104
- MQD (est): $7241 (because China Eastern’s I and J classes earn 40% of mileage flown)
- MQM: (est): 28,836 (7 CPM at $2024.75)
- SkyMiles (est): 36,658 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Where to Book
China Eastern’s website =ugh.
Try the deal’s direct link at Expedia. My good friend Carol generally has success through Travelocity, Momondo, and JustFly. (You can earn up to $16 cashback on JustFly if you start your purchase through TopCashback.)
Find Delta (or Other Airline) Mileage Runs!
Juicy Miles has a Delta and SkyTeam expert who will personally handle your request — and craft the most ideal mileage run solution around your parameters.
Or if you need a mileage run for another airline, Juicy Miles can help with those requests, too!
The company’s founder, Adam Morvitz, was interviewed for the Washington Post article about mileage runs — that also featured René!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run! Subscribe HERE mileage run email alerts!
- Need to learn how to find a mileage run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.