You probably wouldn’t do this — but don’t try scaling the Egyptian pyramids. And you may be amazed at by the number of people Delta bumped last year. We’ll get to those headlines in a few minutes. But first, here’s a quick recap of this week at Rene’s Points!
The news everyone talked about this week was Delta flight 89, which executed a fuel dump tour of Los Angeles — including over a couple of elementary schools.
Another story many fellow bloggers covered detailed an American Airlines passenger who was allegedly stalked by one of the airline’s employees. We published a few tips about protecting your privacy when traveling. (On a related topic: check out this great sale on anti-theft messenger bags!)
On the topic of passenger behavior: a Delta customer faces a $15,000 fine for purportedly acting like a schmuck during a flight last January.
Poor behavior wasn’t limited to passengers. Did you see what a TSA agent did to a Native American woman at MSP?
Delta officially implemented a virtual queueing feature this week. Have you used it yet? Tell us in the Comments section!
If you’re traveling through MSP this weekend, keep in mind Delta has a weather waiver in effect through Saturday.
René began the week with a couple of Delta Amex spend-related posts: one about a Delta Reserve cardholder who missed the $250,000 waiver by $140. He also discussed the length of time for Delta Amex spend to post to your SkyMiles account. (Don’t forget: Delta Amex annual fees increase on January 29.)
He also wrote a post for our Windows OS users.
Quick reminder for Amex Platinum, Amex Business Platinum, and Amex Gold Card members: remember to choose a preferred airline for your card’s annual airline incidental credit. I picked mine — and strayed from Delta on one card!
Speaking of the Amex Gold Card, there’s a good Amex Offer through September for Cheesecake Factory.
The American Express Green Card‘s limited time offer expired this week. But the only real bonus that went away was the $100 Away credit. The CLEAR and Lounge Buddy credits are still part of the card.
We also published several mileage runs this week:
- Premium Economy: Cincinnati to Tokyo
- Boston to Las Vegas
- Dallas (DFW) to San Jose
- Orlando to LAX
- Premium Economy: Atlanta to Beijing
- Premium Economy: Atlanta to Shanghai
More Travel News!
- NO ANNUAL FEE!
- Enjoy $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3000 in purchases within three months of being approved for the card!
- Receive 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Office supply stores
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Receive 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Gas stations
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases!
- Transfer points to hotel programs such as Hyatt, Marriott, and IHG! Or several airline partners!
- Read a review of the Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card, learn about more Chase cards, or check out other cashback cards!
- Which is better? The Ink Preferred or the Ink Cash? Read this third-party analysis.
Featured image: (=©iStock.com/sculpies
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.