Delta Air Lines has issued a travel waiver in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
The waiver is effective now through Friday, January 31. UPDATED: Now February 29.
Both affected airports are in China: Beijing Capital (PEK) and Shanghai (PVG).
Tickets must be reissued on or before February 29 March 31, with rebooked travel commencing no later than February 29 March 31 as well.
Passengers may make a one-time change without being assessed a fee, though fare differences may apply.
“Travelers with Wuhan in their journey are being screened by the CDC upon arrival to New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago-O’Hare and Los Angeles, in addition to screenings in China,” Delta notes. “Other U.S. airports are also reportedly screening passengers who have Wuhan as part of their travel journey.
Thursday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a level 3 travel advisory, which recommends travelers avoid nonessential travel to Wuhan, China. Delta continues to be in direct contact with the CDC and is following their guidelines.”
Visit the waiver’s alert for more information and learn about how Delta weather waivers work in general.
Contact Delta Air Lines for Rebooking Help
If you have questions or need to rebook travel, contact Delta Air Lines directly (not “Delta Airlines”) or the provider through whom you originally purchased travel.
Delta Air Lines: 1-800-221-1212
Featured image: ©iStock.com/DragonImages
- NO ANNUAL FEE!
- Enjoy $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3000 in purchases within three months of being approved for the card!
- Receive 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Office supply stores
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Receive 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Gas stations
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases!
- Transfer points to hotel programs such as Hyatt, Marriott, and IHG! Or several airline partners!
- Read a review of the Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card, learn about more Chase cards, or check out other cashback cards!
- Which is better? The Ink Preferred or the Ink Cash? Read this third-party analysis.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.