There are several weird, interesting stories today.
Before we check ’em out, here’s what happened this week on Rene’s Points — and some reminders for the coming week.
The Medallion year ends on Friday, January 31. Diamonds and Platinums: pick your Choice Reward(s) if you haven’t already.
Don’t forget Delta American Express annual fees increase on Thursday. So apply Wednesday or sooner if you want to lock in a year of the current annual fees. (FWIW, here are the cards I personally keep in my Fly Delta app wallet.)
Are you going to any of the Medallion member pop-up celebrations?
The coronavirus outbreak — which seems to get more alarming each day — prompted Delta to issue a travel waiver.
One of my friends was nearly robbed of over a million Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Find out what happened — and some ideas to protect yourself.
IHG and Chase announced a huge, limited time offer for the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card: 140,000 bonus points. Even though IHG points aren’t the world’ most valuable point currency, there’s a lot of fun you can have with 140,000 points.
Also on the credit card front, Lowe’s and Amex released a great Amex Offer this week — allowing you to save up to $100!
Southwest Airlines announced a targeted promotion that gives some flyers the chance to earn up to 12,000 bonus points.
Need a new set of TSA approved locks? Check out this sale at Amazon!
Hitting the ski slopes, swimming pool, or wet climates? Check out how I protect my cell phone and passport.
The NFL Draft hits Las Vegas in April. Read how the Fountains of Bellagio will play a unique role.
Last but not least: a Delta flight last month featured an amazing, tasty treat.
We also found some good mileage runs this week:
- Orlando to Seoul – Delta Mileage Run: 22,008 MQM at 5.9 CPM in Premium Select!
- Miami to Tokyo — Delta Mileage Run / Mini-Vacation: 21,656 MQM at 6.4 CPM in Premium Select!
- New York JFK to San Diego — Delta Mileage Run! 6,942 MQM at 4.8 CPM in Main Cabin
More Delta Headlines!
Other Interesting Travel News
Featured image: ©iStock.com/starush
- 5X on Lyft purchases through March 2022.
- 3X on the first combined $150,000 spent yearly on:
- Travel (flights, hotel, rideshare, parking, etc)
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines
- Trip interruption and cancellation benefits
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.