What is happening to the world?! A woman dressed as Minnie Mouse got into a fight on the Las Vegas Strip. Some tourism officials want people to not visit Amsterdam. And a guy released rodents in hotel rooms — just to get comped.
Those headlines and more in just a few minutes. But first, here’s what happened this week at Rene’s Points!
Delta and American Express refreshed their co-branded cards on Thursday. Some jaw-dropping welcome bonuses were announced — including two for 20,000 MQM! Plus, four of the cards received metal upgrades. Here’s how existing cardholders can get theirs.
Want to visit a Sky Club? Here’s an updated list of American Express cards that will get you in.
Keep this in mind for next year: even if you drop or lose Delta status, it doesn’t expire until the end of January.
What do you think about Delta’s new first class seats?
This was sort of a sobering week. The coronavirus outbreak news drastically escalated from a Delta travel waiver to the airline outright canceling flights to and from China. For three months. I asked readers if some that and other bad news caused them to rethink travel plans.
On the ground, a number of Uber users were affected by mass shutdowns. Some Fly Delta app users were startled when strangers’ itineraries appeared on their screen.
Have you noticed a personal vs. business login option on Delta.com? Here’s what’s going on.
Don’t like the new booking page on Delta.com? René showed us how to access the older, better page — until it got redirected Friday afternoon.
We blogged a deal about some noise-canceling earphones. The special is still live as of post time, so take advantage of it while you can!
Check out this lunch René and the BRU Crew enjoyed — during a 30-minute flight. Also, during their mileage run, they stopped at the new The Club at Las Vegas. Read Rene’s review.
Frequent floaters: do you miss towel animals?
Some Other Delta Air Lines News & Headlines
More Travel Headlines
Thank you so much for being part of a fantastic January here on the blog. We appreciate your reading, sharing, commenting, and emails. Thanks again.
- NO ANNUAL FEE!
- Enjoy $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3000 in purchases within three months of being approved for the card!
- Receive 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Office supply stores
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Receive 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Gas stations
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases!
- Transfer points to hotel programs such as Hyatt, Marriott, and IHG! Or several airline partners!
- Read a review of the Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card, learn about more Chase cards, or check out other cashback cards!
- Which is better? The Ink Preferred or the Ink Cash? Read this third-party analysis.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.