If you live in, near, or can get to Toronto, consider this AeroMexico business class mileage run to Tijuana — just across the US-Mexico border from the San Diego metro area.
There are options to stay overnight or even a couple of nights. (You might want to take the Cross Border Xpress between Tijuana and San Diego. See their website for more details.)
The best price I found was $1,045.86 CAN, which is approximately $788.10 USD.
The Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator estimates this YYZ-MEX-TIJ-MEX-YYZ roundtrip travels 7034 miles. Because AeroMexico business class fares earn 40% of mileage flown when credited to Delta SkyMiles, this roundtrip is estimated to earn $2813 Delta MQD, plus 10,552 MQM and 14,068 redeemable SkyMiles.
As with most AeroMexico runs we post, these are Y-UP fares. Some issues have arisen in the past with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. While data points suggest this problem has been corrected be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Plenty of dates are available from April through November.
- Cost: $1,045.86 CAN / ~ $788.10 USD
- Dates: Varies. (See calendar above.)
- Route: YYZ-MEX-TIJ-MEX-YYZ
- MQM: 10,552 MQM (7.5 CPM)
- MQD: $2813 (3.5X)
- Base SkyMiles: 14,068 (plus applicable Medallion bonus)
This (and most Aeromexico) run goes through Mexico City, which has a Centurion Lounge (read Rene’s review). So if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card from American Express or Business Platinum Card from American Express to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Confused? Have Problems Booking Mileage Runs?
Juicy Miles has a Delta expert who will personally handle your request — and craft the most ideal mileage run solution around your parameters.
The company’s founder, Adam Morvitz, was interviewed for the Washington Post article about mileage runs — that also featured René!
Paying for the Trip
Save money! Pay with Membership Rewards points through Juicy Miles’ new American Express partnership
If you pay cash, remember to use a credit card earning bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE mileage run email alerts!
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Featured image: ©iStock.com/jcamilobernal
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.