Curious what a coronavirus evacuation flight from China is like? A woman posted her experience. Plus, the Maldives made a couple of news appearances this week: one because a lady was arrested — because of her swimwear. The other? A single woman took herself on a honeymoon.
We’ll get to those stories and more in just a couple of minutes. But first, here’s a quick recap of our week at Rene’s Points!
We asked if dressing up for flights really gives you a legitimate chance at being upgraded. See what a former gate agent said — and what fellow readers commented, as well.
René answered a number of questions about Delta Amex card bonus MQM, SkyMiles, and more! We’ll have an update to this post sometime today or tomorrow.
Do you agree with me that Delta should give Medallions more Job Well Done certificates?
Mileage run booking company Juicy Miles announced this week they now accept American Express Membership Rewards points for purchases!
We wrote about a set of packing cubes discounted by over 60% — and the deal is still live as of press time. Check it out!
Delta suspended all flights to China — effective through April. Plus, not everyone (especially on Twitter!) was pleased that, despite coronavirus concerns sweeping across the globe, I likely won’t wear a mask while traveling. See my reasoning — and let me know what you think!
A spilled drink in the cockpit caused a Delta international flight to divert.
Did you enjoy the big football game last weekend? Here’s an idea when the Super Bowl may be played in Las Vegas!
Live in the Los Angeles area and want to help stress test a new LAX terminal? Here’s your chance! Speaking of LAX — there’s a vicious rumor a dedicated Delta One lounge is coming to the Sky Way.
This was sort of an ugly week for weather. Delta issued several travel waivers:
You’ve likely already heard the news: Global Entry applications and renewals were suspended for New York state residents.
On a related topic, make sure to check your Amex Offers for a targeted promotion earning extra bonus points at select gas stations.
A Couple More Delta Headlines
More Travel Headlines!
Featured image: ©iStock.com/Rawf8
NO ANNUAL FEE!
- NO ANNUAL FEE!
- Enjoy $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3000 in purchases within three months of being approved for the card!
- Receive 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Office supply stores
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Receive 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Gas stations
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases!
- Transfer points to hotel programs such as Hyatt, Marriott, and IHG! Or several airline partners!
- Read a review of the Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card, learn about more Chase cards, or check out other cashback cards!
- Which is better? The Ink Preferred or the Ink Cash? Read this third-party analysis.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.