Delta is trying to contact passengers who flew flight DL611 from Honolulu to Nagoya on February 6.
According to CNN, a couple from Japan took that flight — and tested positive for novel coronavirus.
The trip departed HNL at 2:15 PM on February 6, arriving just before 7:30 PM on February 7.
“It’s very likely the (man) was exposed in Japan (before he traveled to Hawaii) or in transit coming to Hawaii, and became sick when he was here,” Hawaii Director of Health Brian Anderson said (via CNN).
The pair visited Maui from January 28 to February 3. Then Oahu from February 3 to February 6.
The CNN piece notes “The man wore a mask during his flight back to Japan, and may have worn a mask during other parts of his travel.”
Featured image: ©iStock.com/Angel Di Bilio
- 4X at restaurants worldwide
- 4X on US supermarket purchases (up to $25,000 in annual spending)
- 3X for flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com
- Transfer points to Delta SkyMiles or other travel loyalty programs!
- $10 statement credit each month at select food merchants
- $100 annual airline incidental credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Terms apply
Apply today and receive a decision in as soon as 30 seconds.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.