The Business Platinum Card from American Express released a new welcome offer — one slightly more palatable than the previous promotion.
New applicants receive 75,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after spending $15,000 on purchases within three months of being approved.
So if you spend $15,000 within three months of being approved, you’ll earn at least 90,000 Membership Rewards ($15,000 on spend = 15,000 Membership Rewards points. Then receive the 75,000 bonus points).
The previous offer required $20,000 spend to earn 75k MRs.
Even though the required spend dropped by $5,000, fifteen large is still a chunk of change — especially right now. The card also carries a $595 annual fee.
It’s certainly a great product. I love my Amex Biz Plat card for a number of reasons. So if you have the money and want the card, go for it.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards points. That’s 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- Here’s one of my personal favorite perks — and pretty much the reason I hold this card: Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually ($100 semi-annually) for U.S. purchases with Dell. Remember, Dell sells more than computers!
- $100 Global Entry credit every four years. Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck!
- Get up to $200 in airline fee statement credit each calendar year! Select an airline of your choice and receive credit for charges such as onboard food and beverage, baggage, and certain other purchases.
- Complimentary gold status with two hotel brands: Marriott and Hilton.
- Receive complimentary Delta Sky Club admission when flying Delta Air Lines.
- Enjoy complimentary admission Centurion Lounge airport club access for you and up to two guests.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Amex gives you free Priority Pass Select membership — good for admission at participating airport lounges worldwide. You and up to two guests can enjoy this great perk!
- Receive complimentary benefits such as daily breakfast for two, resort or spa credit, upgrades when available and more with Fine Hotels & Resorts.
- Terms apply.
- $595 annual fee
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.