Many people had to postpone their weddings, honeymoons, or both. (Thanks, coronavirus!) But some hotels are stepping in and trying to help out newlyweds make the best of stay-at-home time. (Although, if they’re newlyweds, I doubt that’s a problem…)
Plus, United is saying not so fast to the Boeing 737 MAX.
Those headlines and more in a few minutes. But first, here’s a recap of this past (busy) week at Rene’s Points!
Wow. We really ruffled some feathers with this post about Delta asking to suspend flights at nearly ten airports. The reader comments section of that post were rather passionate.
Not surprisingly, Delta announced passengers must wear masks at the airport and on board flights. That’ll certainly make congressman Steve Cohen happy.
Speaking of the mothership, it’s reportedly planning to purchase 100 737 MAX planes.
A bunch of credit card news dropped this week
- Amex Adds Huge Credits and Bonus Categories to Select Cards!
- Some Delta Amexes Get 4X Supermarket Bonuses! (For Three Months)
- Chase Announces Bonuses on Grocery Purchases!
- Chase Offering Select Gift Cards at a 10% Discount This Month
Many readers added thoughtful comments to this post about whether or not folks will purchase first class seats — even if some of the frills don’t return.
Southwest, Marriott, Virgin Australia, and Accor were the big winners at this year’s (virtual) Freddie Awards.
A California travel agency booked over 74,000 room nights — during less than three weeks last month.
Even though Medallion status was extended through 2021, will you rack up MQM on your Delta Amex card(s) this year?
Gaming tables may soon look a lot different in casinos.
René used his stay-at-home time to build a sweet computer. Would you have use the same bits he did or have chosen to go another way?
The clock reset on the How Many Days Since Harrison Ford’s Aviation Incident calendar.
The TSA is seeing a spike in passengers packing — guns.
Other Travel Headlines
Featured image: ©iStock.com/araelf
A great credit card for points and miles beginners
- Enjoy 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in purchases within three months of being approved! Because Chase Sapphire Preferred card members can redeem points for a 25% bonus when booking travel through Chase, that’s potentially worth $750 in travel.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft through March 2022.
- Earn 3X points at grocery stores through June 2020.
- Earn 2X points per dollar spent on travel and dining purchases.
- Receive unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass (DoorDash’s subscription service).
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.