Some travelers are flocking to a dangerously hot California desert — so they can partake in “heat tourism.”
Plus, a flight from Newark to Tel Aviv is taking off three hours late tonight — on purpose.
Those are some of today’s travel headlines I thought you, too, may find interesting.
Warming Up to Heat Tourism
Certain weather enthusiasts apparently get FOMO when it comes to record hot temperatures. And, as the Los Angeles Times writes, when the mercury topped 130 degrees a few weeks ago, a bunch made their pilgrimages to Death Valley National Park so they could experience the crazy heat.
(Compared to those temps, things were downright chilly in my part of Los Angeles during Labor Day Weekend.)
More Travel Headlines
Featured image: ©iStock.com/batuhan toker
- 4X at restaurants worldwide
- 4X on US supermarket purchases (up to $25,000 in annual spending)
- 3X for flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com
- Transfer points to Delta SkyMiles or other travel loyalty programs!
- $10 statement credit each month at select food merchants
- $100 annual airline incidental credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Terms apply
Apply today and receive a decision in as soon as 30 seconds.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.