In a move I doubt surprises anyone, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention officially recommended people don’t travel this Thanksgiving.
The agency made the announcement this morning.
“The tragedy that could happen is that one of your family members is coming to this family gathering and they could end up severely ill, hospitalized or dying. And we don’t want that to happen. These times are tough, it’s been a long outbreak, almost 11 months, and we understand people are tired.
“We understand that people want to see their family and relatives and do it as they’ve always done it. But this year we’re asking them to limit their travel.”
–Dr. Henry Walke, CDC COVID-19 Incident Manager (USA Today)
You can read more on the CDC’s website.
If you’re looking to get out of attending (or hosting) a Thanksgiving dinner, here’s more backup for you.
Are you still planning to travel during the next week?
Get Up to $200 Cashback on Amazon Purchases!
- No annual fee!
- Special welcome offer: earn 20% back on Amazon purchases with six months of being approved (up to $200 total cashback)!
- Earn $100 cashback after spending just $1000 within six months of being approved!
- Plus, these ongoing cashback bonuses:
- 3% at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
- 2% at U.S. gas stations
- 2% at select U.S. department stores
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate.
- Terms apply
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.