As Winter 2021 continues its assault on the US, Delta keeps issuing weather waivers to help travelers who may be impacted by the storms.
Today, the airline announced a waiver for 15 airports in the northeastern United States. This is for travel occurring between February 18 and February 20.
Those locations are:
- Allentown, PA (ABE)
- Baltimore, MD (BWI)
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
- Hartford, CT (BDL)
- New York – Kennedy, NY (JFK)
- New York – LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
- Newark, NJ (EWR)
- Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
- Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
- Portland, ME (PWM)
- Providence, RI (PVD)
- State College, PA (SCE)
- Washington – Dulles, DC (IAD)
- Washington – Reagan, DC (DCA)
Tickets must be reissued by Thursday, February 25. Rebooked travel must begin no later than the 25th, as well.
The airline permanently waived change fees for most domestic tickets several months ago. If your ticket somehow doesn’t qualify for free changes (i.e. Basic Economy), this could give you a little extra protection.
Plus, fare differences are waived with a few rules:
- When rebooked travel occurs on or before [affected dates] n the same cabin of service as originally booked, the fare difference will be waived.
- A fare difference may apply when the waiver is class to class restrictive and the original booking class is not maintained in the rebooked itinerary.
- When rebooked travel occurs after [affected dates], a difference in fare may apply.
- If travel is not able to be rescheduled within these guidelines, customers may cancel their reservation and apply any unused value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the original ticket issuance. Applicable fare difference may apply for new travel dates. Final travel must be completed by end of ticket validity.
Texas Winter Weather Waiver
The Texas Winter Weather waiver is still effective for travel through Friday, February 19.
The affected airports are:
- Austin, TX (AUS)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
- Dallas-Love, TX (DAL)
- Houston-Bush, TX (IAH)
- Houston-Hobby, TX (HOU)
- San Antonio, TX (SAT)
Tickets must be reissued by Tuesday, February 23. Rebooked travel must begin no later than the 23rd, as well.
Contact Delta Air Lines for Rebooking Help
If you have questions or need to rebook travel, contact Delta Air Lines directly (not “Delta Airlines”) or the provider through whom you originally purchased travel.
Delta Air Lines: 1-800-221-1212
Stay safe, everyone!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.