Planning on buying or selling a house? (Or maybe both?) You can earn a ton of free bonus American Airlines AAdvantage points.
Miles from Home is a program offering its members 2,000 redeemable AAdvantage miles for every $10,000 of the sales and/or purchase price of a home.
The program partners with several real estate companies:
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
- Coldwell Banker
- Century 21
- ERA Real Estate
Basically, you get in touch with Miles from Home (it’s free to sign up). They help pair you with a participating realtor.
Any Fine Print?
A few things I noted:
- AAdvantage miles are not available for properties purchased or sold in the following states:
- New Jersey
- The real estate program is not available in Iowa
- AAdvantage miles eligibility on real estate transactions:
- requires registration with the program and use of a participating real estate firm
- requires an initial introduction to the participating real estate agent/firm by a program specialist
- is restricted to properties not currently under contract to buy and/or sell
- is restricted to 1-to 4-family residential properties located in the US, its territories, and Canada
- is restricted only to new transactions
So keep those points in mind if the service interests you. If you already have a favorite realtor but they’re not a Miles From Home participant, you may have a decision to make.
“What if I’m Loyal to Another Airline?”
If you’re selling and/or buying a home (and want to use one of the featured real estate companies) why not rack up some free points?
I generally fly Delta and Southwest but would happily accept 50,000 free American Airlines miles for, say, a $250,000 transaction I planned to make anyway. And for people who live in areas where homes bear ridiculous price tags (like, you know, here in Southern California), score a free trip for that jillion-dollar price tag.
If you want to buy and/or sell your home, you might as well get something for free. (Especially as a reward for the hellish process known as “moving.” Gross.) Obviously, I’d prioritize getting the best price for my property over miles (if it came to that). But this is a nice option to earn some points for a substantial purchase.
Featured image: ©iStock.com/Ridofranz
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.