What a ride. I can not believe that every day for the past 6 years I have blogged (OK I did take 1 day off in the past 2191 days) and the blog has been viewed over 11 MILLION times since that first day. We are talking over 4,000 posts and having helped so many Delta flyers has been an amazing privilege. There are few things that make me more happy each day than personal comments or emails of thanks how some post has really helped Them!
Over the years I have some personal favorite posts. In no real order of importance they are:
- Understanding the power of the MIGHTY schedule change rule with Delta Air Lines! – I can only imagine how much money this post has saved thousands of Delta flyers.
- My Delta Million Miler flight – Delta 747 Delta One Business Class review from Japan NRT Narita Airport – This was a trip of a lifetime.
- Am I the only one who clear as day understands Delta Comfort Plus is just NOT worth it at ANY price? – When Delta calls the same seat as the rest of coach an “upgrade” we have a problem Houston!
- Rookie Wednesday: Understanding the Delta boarding Zones / Groups (all 7 of them)! – Delta marketing speak for everything is just ridiculous and the boarding zones are just one glaring example.
- Delta Air Line Passenger Opens Door and Jumps From Jet at New Orleans MSY Airport – For some reason the national news never ran this shocker. Oh, I loved defending the blasted FT OP on this one too.
- Rookie Wednesday: The “funny” little things you should know before you try FlyerTalk – I love that this post spawned a hate thread on the BBB or “blog bashing board” on FT. The key fact is the post is spot on about the chat board.
- My Secret to Scoring a $6,000 Delta Bump Voucher (hint: I accidentally played chicken & won)! – My biggest one day bump voucher score ever.
- Questioning, considering and rethinking my loyalty – My brain hurts! – This was still my most amazing day in the air EVER. I do not think anything will ever top this. Delta people are simply amazing.
- I just got a HILARIOUS scam call pretending to be from Delta – You will love the voicemail! – I could listen to that voicemail 1x a month and laugh each time.
- Quick tips on how I do my KIVA loans with ZERO losses (well, at least so far that is)! – KIVA will factor in a big way into my 2019 Delta MQD exempt spending (as well as other means).
…and really so many more that I could do this all day long. But notice in this blog title I said big changes are on the way for the blog. What are they?
Starting IMMEDIATELY and for all of 2018 the blog will change to only post on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (plus the monthly newsletter)!
But wait, what about breaking news or Rookie Wednesday or so much else? First off, there are so many Boarding Area blogs that do cover breaking Delta news. If you daily scan Boardingarea on flipboard you can see what you maybe missed.
On Friday each week you will get my thoughts on what enhancements have rolled out that week or another topic of interest. Saturday will be the day I will focus on Skymiles, Medallion and partner topics and maybe now and then a SWAG Saturday giveaway as well. Sunday, now and then, will be the day rookie topics are covered.
Does this mean there will never be Monday – Thursday posts? Most weeks yes, starting next week! If something demands a post I may pop one up but this will be the exception not the rule. The other exception will be on the mileage runners side of the blog. I want to share more sweet runs and will post whenever I find them. After all, for most, spending 1/4 million on Delta Amex cards is just bat-cray (while totally sane for others)!
Personally, I am really excited about this change and trying it for a few months to see how it goes. I am at a point in my life where all the bills are paid and I want to have more personal time – this change should let me do just that. Plus, due to limited time, there are so many older posts need to be updated and maybe even re-posted with current info – this change will give me time for this as well.
As always, thanks so much for reading the blog! – René