From my fellow BA blogger Road Warriorette to recent news, it seems more and more people are getting hurt when they don’t need to. As a nation we finally get it that we all need to be buckled up when we drive. Even baggage handlers need to buckle up as it can mean life and death on the tarmac even for them!
So what are the risks for taking a casual attitude toward ALWAYS wearing your seat-belt when flying? I want you to look at these stories over the past year:
- Severe Turbulence Injures Four Aboard US Airways Flight
- I thought we were going down
- Turbulence injures three flight attendants
- 7 hurt due to turbulence on JetBlue flight
- 12 hurt when turbulence over La.
I think we all get the point right? I and my dear bride always ALWAYS always wear our belts. When sleeping they are on just a little bit loose. During takeoff and landing they are tight as directed.
I am not trying to lecture, well OK I am, but I love my readers and want you all safe. So please everyone buckle up when you fly! Thanks! – René