First with the help of Random.org we have our winner and that is #23 Elaine who says: “The funniest were the signs we saw in hotels in China in totally fractured English. We could never understand why the hotels didn’t hire someone who was a native speaker to proof-read and edit! Maybe a matter of pride?”
Thanks for your comment and I will contact you soon to get your two prizes on the way to you soon.
Now on to some of the gems from readers I really liked and made me go – REALLY! Maybe if you have not seen the full list you will at least enjoy these few!
- Nick says: “Not sure if this is what you were looking for but on a mattress run, an employee asked if she could stay in the room while I was not there since I was not using it.”
- Stuart says: “Got onto a Delta flight in Minneapolis a few years ago, and literally saw the baggage guys outside kicking my luggage, on it’s side, over to the baggage loader onto the plane. Flight attendant was standing right there, asked her to look and showed her what they were doing. She thought it was funny. I didn’t.”
- Don in ATL says: “When I called DL to book an award trip that the computer on delta.com had found for me which had a LHR to EDI leg. I was told, I’m sorry, I can’t put you on that flight — even though it is a Virgin Atlantic flight, it is Aer Lingus equipment and you can’t do it. I said, “But the DL computer said I could.” I hung up and called back (the Rene rule), and the next agent had no problem with this because her computer said it was allowed. Let’s hear it for the Rene rule!”
- MSPDELTADUDE says: “Out of State Hotel won’t accept my out of state ID and cops had to be called as they thought it was fake.”
- Andrew P says: “The dumbest thing I heard from an airline was when I discovered that an item was stolen from my delayed baggage (double whammy!). I was told by a rep that I could only submit the claim at the office baggage claim, in person, with 24 hours of landing. I received my baggage 50+ hours after my arrival time, plus was three hours from the airport! Thankfully, I called back and was simply given an email address to submit my claim with pictures.”
- James says: “That I was partially at fault for being bumped on an overbooking because I chose to fly at a popular time.”
Oh my. Well let’s hope if you are flying, renting a car or staying at a hotel this week none of the above happens to you. Be sure to check back next Saturday for another fun SWAG Saturday giveaway I think you all are really going to like! – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.