This one is a MASSIVE amount of points and spend credit in a quick 2 days of flying and especially nice for those elite flyers near Detroit (and can drive to YYZ) who is looking for Delta points. There is a red-eye to MEX if you want to skip a hotel night in YYZ the night before the run. You can make this a vacation run as you stay for a while in Amsterdam if you would like (a fun place to visit btw)!
You can book this direct on Aeromexico.com (not all flights show up) or via OTAs to get all the flights that ITA Matrix finds (see link below how to search)
The nice part about this one is the fare class coding starts with an “I” so you should have no issues getting the correct points yield if you do choose to credit these flights to Delta for your Medallion status. This is NOT a “Y-UP” fare but a real restricted business class fare. Also, there ARE flights to start 2020 so you could with two of these runs knock out a MASSIVE $12,500 in MQD spend for about $4000 out of pocket! Oh that and earn a crazy number of Delta points back!
Here are the numbers:
- 15,626 Miles flown
- 23,436 MQMs (1.5x distance flown for “I” fare)
- $2049 ticket price yields 8.7CPM (for the elite mqm points)
- 31,232 SkyMiles + Medallion bonus (Diamond + 120% i.e. an extra 18,749; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
- $6,250 MQD credit (ticket price does not matter only 40% of distance flown as MQD dollar credit to Delta)
I have taken a ton of runs over the years but this one is truly simple and amazing plus you get to fly the 787 in business class over the water both ways. Not a bad way to keep your status this year 2019 or next 2020 with Delta!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.