Virgin Atlantic premium economy runs proved popular with our readers this year — and we’re seeing some decent deals beginning in February. We just found this San Francisco to Johannesburg long weekend run.
Discounted airfares are available from February through May.
Our example trip departs SFO on a Friday evening, connects in Heathrow on Saturday, and arrives in Jo’burg on Sunday morning.
The return leaves JNB on Monday night, arrives LHR on Tuesday morning, and gets you back to San Francisco that night.
The cheapest deals range in price from about $2034 to $2105. While certainly not as cheap as coach runs or domestic first trips, keep in mind you’ll ride in premium economy and reap more about triple your fare’s worth in Delta MQD when you credit the trip to your SkyMiles account.
This Virgin Atlantic K-class Premium Economy fare is projected to earn 32,824 MQM and a nice $6564 Delta MQD!
- Cost: Varies by date. As low as $2033.75
- Dates: See calendar below
- Route: SFO-LHR-JNB. Overnight in Johannesburg. JNB-LHR-SFO
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 21,882
- MQD (est): $6564 (because Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy earns 30% of mileage flown when credited to your Delta SkyMiles account)
- MQM: (est): 32,824 MQM (5.7 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 32,824 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Delta Platinum and Diamonds Medallions can enjoy the wonderful Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at London Heathrow during their layovers.
Need Something Different?
The mileage run staff at Juicy Miles has created great runs for Rene’s Points readers like you. Get in touch with them for help constructing a personalized mileage run suiting your needs and convenience!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Featured image: ©iStock.com/Johann Swanepoel
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.