Well, this just keeps getting more and more interesting. I posted at the end of December about a number of rumors about what the future will be for the Delta “Passport Plum” uniforms that have been negatively affecting so many hard-working Delta Flight Attendants (mostly women but reportedly also men who wear the purple sweaters).
As a point of fact, I have still not had any response from Delta Corporate communications folks about this mega issue and what they are going to do.
For now, as many Delta Flight Attendants commented on the post, the alternative choice is an all-black outfit with a white shirt (see above from LAX last weekend) or to wear the men’s uniforms. I wanted to speak the FA above but did not have time as my flight was just boarding.
All of this seems to be due to the manufacturing from Land’s End (or at least that is what the latest lawsuit contends). The older red white and blue uniforms apparently used much higher-end materials and colorants.
I feel for everyone involved in this mess – especially the fine folks who work for Delta that have been let down by so many over this. I really wish Delta had stuck with the same quality when they went with these new uniforms as the old (side note – it is my understanding that pilots have no issues and they pay for their own uniforms – while flight attendants are reimbursed for their uniforms – I am sure I will be corrected in the comments below if that is not spot-on).
I have no doubt that the longer this drags on and the larger the problem becomes it will have a big impact on the AFA union vote. One flight attendant with whom I spoke during my 10 flights this past weekend said the vote is 50-50 split right now. This issue may be the tipping point! – René
- NO ANNUAL FEE!
- Enjoy $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3000 in purchases within three months of being approved for the card!
- Receive 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Office supply stores
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Receive 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each anniversary year on the following categories:
- Gas stations
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases!
- Transfer points to hotel programs such as Hyatt, Marriott, and IHG! Or several airline partners!
- Read a review of the Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card, learn about more Chase cards, or check out other cashback cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.