Here’s a quick tour of what’s inside.
Not a Metal Card!
Despite the Chase Freedom Flex being a no annual fee product, I half expected it the actual, physical card to be made of metal. Metallic cards seem to be a trend these days with many cards.
While metal cards are shiny and attractive (at least, I think so), they add weight to one’s wallet. So I’m okay with this being a (Flex-ible?) plastic card.
It’s not really an aesthetically impressive card. Aside from the little “waves” streaking up on the right side, it’s rather plain. But it’s certainly not bad.
Unless I’m at a drugstore (3X) or 5X bonus quarterly category location (restaurant, grocery store, gas station, Walmart, etc., when active), I likely won’t take the card out of my wallet. (For online purchases, I keep images of my cards and their numbers handy in an Evernote document.)
Welcome and Benefits Guides
Two brochures arrived with the card: the “Welcome to Chase Freedom Flex” booklet and a Guide to Benefits.
Not overly wowed by the physical product — but I’m darn excited to use it! I maxed out my Amazon and Whole Foods Q3 5% bonus — and am ready for Q4 to start so I can use this puppy at Walmart and PayPal.
Get 5% Cashback on Quarterly Bonus Categories, Select Grocery Purchases, and Select Travel Purchases!
- No annual fee!
- $200 bonus after spending only $500 on purchases within three months of being approved!
- Several 5% cashback categories:
- Earn 5% cashback on up to $1,500 on purchases in quarterly bonus categories you activate. (Worth up to $300 yearly!)
- Earn 5% cashback on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent within the first year of being approved. That alone is potentially worth $600.
- Earn 5% cashback on travel purchased through Chase. So if you book a trip through Chase’s travel service, you’ll receive 5% cashback — and still earn both elite and redeemable miles on your airline ticket purchases!
- You also enjoy 3% cashback on some other purchases:
- Dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- Learn how to apply for the Chase Freedom Flex credit card, see a variety of other Chase products, or read about more great no annual fee cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.