UPDATE: Delta is now using @Delta vs @DeltaAssist as shown in this post!
Almost a year ago I put up a post about using Twitter to contact Delta because the team of reps at @Delta are some of the BEST at Delta. That post needed an update as much of the graphics and such has changed. Also, no matter what your status, you can get home run service with them. @Delta is fully integrated into the Delta phone APP so I urge you to sign up for a twitter account if for no other reason than to utilize it.
If you have never used twitter it is like texting on your phone. It really is that simple! But how do you sign up? Here are the step by step directions.
1) Go to Twitter.com. It should look like this:
Then the next part of the signup page where you fill in your data:
5) The next few steps you can do or just click on the “SKIP” and do them later on.
6) Then, you will want to tweet to @Delta: “Please follow ME for a DM” (Direct Message). The tweet you are doing everyone on the planet can see so never at this point give out any of your personal info yet. Just tweet them to follow you for DM!
5) You will soon get an e-mail that @DeltaAssist is following you. Next, you can Direct Message them and ONLY they will see your information.
6) Now to start a DM you click on the New Message button:
7) Then, you leave the @ symbol off at this point and just type in DeltaAssist and you should see it pop up:
Keep in mind with twitter you only have so many characters you can type. You can type 2 or 3 messages if you want but it is better to keep in short. What you can do to HELP them is do as much of the work before hand. I will give you a simple fictitious example that will make the point. Say you have:
- DL1234 from ATL-DTW at 4:PM connecting to DL4321 from DTW-MSP at 6:PM
- It changes so now you depart ATL at 5:50 getting home to MSP at 11:PM! – Ugg
- You check and find a direct flight DL7777 ATL-MSP departing at 3:PM getting in at 5:PM
So, armed with all that info, you DM (direct message) @DeltaAssist with your PNR, your Skymiles number and the info and it would go something like this:
“Hello! I have a schedule change that will not work. Can I please change to DL7777 on 31DEC2012? My PNR is GF23H4 my SM# is 9999999999″
And you should soon get a DM back as well as an e-mail that says:
“Sure, we are happy to be able to help you with that change. We have sent a confirmation e-mail to you and you can log in to Delta.com to verify.”
It really is that simple. These people are just the BEST. It is quick & efficient. They will not do crazy things for you but if it is at all possible to get done what you want they will get it done. I know some are uncomfortable learning new stuff but this and the phone APP are worth the stress to learn. I have added this post to the “Essentials” tab and please never hesitate to e-mail me if you have any questions about this or anything else I can help you with (Delta related that is)! – Rene
PS – no smart phone? You can STILL use @DeltaAssist HERE!
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
🔺 Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards
- Save 20% on inflight food and beverage purchases made during Delta flights
- Bonus SkyMiles on each Delta Air Lines purchase
- Main Cabin 1 boarding
- Free first checked bag for you and up to eight others on your itinerary!
- Complimentary Sky Club and Centurion Lounge access for Reserve cardholders
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.