Here’s an overnight Delta mileage run from Los Angeles (LAX) to New York Kennedy (JFK) that might be a fun way to kick off Labor Day weekend!
It departs LAX at 9:00 PM on Friday, September 4, and arrives at JFK around 5:30 AM on Saturday. Your return leaves at 9:00 AM, connects through Atlanta, and has you back to LAX before 2:30 PM on Saturday afternoon — just in time for a socially distanced barbecue or another gathering! 😉
Here are words I never thought I’d write: consider going for the Basic Economy fare on this one. Why?
Delta is blocking middle seats through at least September 30. So you’ll probably have decent legroom in your aisle or window seat. Plus, the LAX to JFK flight is currently scheduled for a 767-300. So you may get your own two-seat row on the outer sections or share a three-seat row in the middle with someone else.
The trip prices out to $155.10 in Basic Economy and $225.10 in Main Cabin. The extra $70 may be worth it if you want a shot at Comfort+ or Delta One upgrades, or want to secure an exit row or bulkhead seat (assuming you’re a Delta Medallion)
- Cost: $225.10 in Main Cabin, $155.10 in Basic Economy
- Dates: Depart September 4, return September 5
- Route: LAX-JFK-ATL-LAX
- MQM: 5,181 (4.7 CPM Main Cabin, 3 CPM Basic Economy)
- MQD: $206 Main Cabin, $136 Basic Economy
- Base SkyMiles: 1,030 Main Cabin, 680 Basic Economy
Find More Delta (or Other Airline) Mileage Runs!
Juicy Miles has a Delta expert who will personally handle your request — and craft the most ideal mileage run solution around your parameters.
Or if you need a mileage run or award booking for another airline, Juicy Miles can help with those requests, too!
The company’s founder, Adam Morvitz, was interviewed for the Washington Post article about mileage runs — that also featured René!
Paying for the Trip
Save money! Pay with Membership Rewards points through Juicy Miles’ new American Express partnership
If you pay cash, remember to use a credit card earning bonus points on your airfare purchases!
3X with the Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card (<– LINK) on purchases made directly with Delta Air Lines. Delta Sky Club and American Express Centurion Lounge access also included!
3X with the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card (<– LINK) on purchases made directly with Delta Air Lines.
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE mileage run email alerts!
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.