The trips are currently priced as low as $678 in Aeromexico business class. The random sample dates I selected were all on Embraer ERJ-190s.
Many dates give you the option to either get right back on the plane in SDQ or stay a few days. An overnight is Mexico City is required with all the options I examined.
The general routing is AUS-MEX-SDQ-MEX-AUS.
The trip is estimated to travel 5,334 miles. So because of how Delta awards partner travel when you credit it to your SkyMiles account, this trip will earn you:
- $2133 MQD
- 9699 MQM (@ 6.9 CPM — still a good Busines Class run!)
- 10,668 base SkyMiles (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
As usual, these are Y-UP fares. There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. All data points suggest this problem has been fixed — but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Here’s a sample itinerary with an immediate turnaround in SDQ:
Itineraries involving an overnight Santo Domingo still require another overnight stopover in MEX:
When staying overnight in MEX, consider the Hilton Mexico City Airport, which is at Terminal 1. (You can help support the blog by booking with our Hilton link offering free breakfast and hotel credit at properties in Mexico — thank you!) Hilton also is available through Be Frugal and Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates).
Lounge Access in Austin and Mexico City
As SkyTeam Elite members, Delta Air Lines Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallions (should…) receive complimentary access to the Delta SkyClub in Austin when traveling on a SkyTeam partner international itinerary and may bring a guest on the same itinerary.
According to Aeromexico, you should be able to enter any Aeromexico lounge, given you’re traveling business class on a SkyTeam partner airline.
Per the SkyTeam website, SkyTeam Elite passengers also receive complimentary access to the Aeromexico’s Salon Premier Nacional in Terminal M.
Also, Priority Pass members may access Salon Premier and Terraza Premier in Terminal 2.
This (and most Aeromexico) run goes through Mexico City, which has a Centurion Lounge (read Rene’s review). So if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) or Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Get Into the Lounge!
<– Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
<– Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
A number of dates in September and October are available, as well as November 30 and a handful in December. A few dates each in January, February, and March can get you a jump start on 2021’s Medallion year!
The deal is available on Aeromexico.com.
Get Travel Insurance and a Card that Protects You
While we all love earning 5X on purchases made directly with airlines when paying with the Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply), consider using one of these cards that come with Chase’s travel interruption coverage:
Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (3x on travel, up to $150,000 in combined purchases each anniversary year)
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel, $300 annual travel credit and Priority Pass membership)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Remember our friend Adam and his Juicy Miles team will construct a personalized mileage run for you!
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Other MQD Runs We’ve Blogged This Week
- New York JFK to Lima, Peru: Weekend Overnight Business Class Run: $3777 MQD, 14,166 MQM, 18,888 SkyMiles!
- Elite Aeromexico Business Class Run for Delta MQD: Los Angeles LAX to Santo Domingo! $2276 MQD & 10,900 MQM for $640!
- Business Class Run for Delta MQD: New York JFK to Santo Domingo SDQ on Aeromexico: $3702 MQD, 12,054 MQM
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.