Happy New Year! We’ve been in the new Delta Medallion qualification year for several hours now (some of you in the Far East for an entire day!). I know some people are already racking up Delta Amex spend. Personally, there are some bills from December 2019 I’ll pay today and start knocking out my $25,000 MQD waiver ASAP.
Most (if not all) of us Medallions are eager for our rollover MQM to post. Delta usually doesn’t announce a specific date for when the rollovers will hit our SkyMiles accounts. And it’s not like everyone gets their rollover MQM all at the same time. It’s generally a process spread out over several days.
So when will the rollover MQM period start?
- In 2019, it began on Monday, January 7th
- In 2018, it began on Monday, January 8th
- In 2017, it began on Tuesday, January 10th
- In 2016, it began on Tuesday, January 12th
- In 2015, it began on Tuesday, January 13th
- In 2014, it began on Tuesday, January 14th
- In 2013, it began on Wednesday, January 2nd
- In 2012, it began on Sunday, January 8th
- In 2011 it began on Wednesday, January 5th
- In 2010 it began on Thursday, January 14th
Delta announced that rollover MQM will start posting Monday, January 6. The key word here is “start.” As Points, Miles & Martinis noted yesterday, Diamonds are the first to get their MQM rolled over. Then Platinums, then Golds, then Silvers.
So if you wake up on January 6 and your rollover MQM aren’t posted, don’t panic. It might take several days — or even a couple of weeks in extreme cases.
Don’t let this stop you from earning MQM in the meantime. You don’t need rollover MQM to post in order to start earning more miles.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on purchases made directly with airlines
- Transfer points to Delta SkyMiles or other travel loyalty programs!
- Access to more than 1200 airport lounges — including Delta Sky Clubs (when flying on Delta Air Lines)
- $200 annual airline incidental credit
- $200 in Uber Cash each year
- Complimentary gold status at Marriott and Hilton
- Global Entry or TSA Pre√ credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Terms apply
Apply today and receive a decision in as soon as 30 seconds.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.