Chicago travelers: come on down! You’re the next contestants of the Aeromexico business class specials to Santo Domingo!
UPDATED: The correct MQD projection is now posted.
Unlike many of the other Santo Domingo runs, not all dates require an overnight stayover (though you must endure a red-eye). Some dates give you the opportunity to stay a night or two for the same price if you want to make a mini-vacation out of it.
The trip prices out at $670.
The general routing is ORD-MEX-SDQ-MEX-ORD.
The trip is conservatively estimated to travel 7,214 miles. Based on that and because of how Delta awards partner travel when you credit it to your SkyMiles account, you’ll earn approximately:
- $2885 MQD
- 10,839 MQM (6.2 CPM)
- 14,428 base SkyMiles (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
As usual, these are Y-UP fares that code as “I” tickets. There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. All data points suggest this problem has been fixed — but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Here’s a sample itinerary with an immediate turnaround in SDQ:
Lounge Access in Chicago and Mexico City
As SkyTeam Elite members, Delta Air Lines Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallions (should…) receive complimentary access to the Delta SkyClub when traveling on a SkyTeam partner international trip and may bring a guest on the same PNR. There’s also an Air France lounge in Terminal 5 which SkyTeam Elites can access.
According to Aeromexico, you should be able to enter any Aeromexico lounge, given you’re traveling business class on a SkyTeam partner airline.
Per the SkyTeam website, SkyTeam Elite passengers also receive complimentary access to the Aeromexico’s Salon Premier Nacional in Terminal M.
Also, Priority Pass members may access Salon Premier and Terraza Premier in Terminal 2.
This (and most Aeromexico) run goes through Mexico City, which has a Centurion Lounge (read Rene’s review). So if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) or Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply) to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Get Into the Lounge!
<– Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
<– Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
This run has plenty of available dates in September and November, with a few scattered throughout October and December. For 2021 Medallion earnings, it’s back with a vengeance in January and February.
Why Travel Insurance and Card with Trip Protection Are Important for This Run
Keep in mind many dates fall during hurricane season in the Dominican Republic.
But the Chicago winter — and plenty of snow — will be in full swing during the January and February runs.
Plus, while we all love earning 5X on purchases made directly with airlines when paying with the Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply), consider using one of these cards that come with Chase’s travel interruption coverage:
Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (3x on travel, up to $150,000 in combined purchases each anniversary year)
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel, $300 annual travel credit and Priority Pass membership)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Remember our friend Adam and his Juicy Miles team will construct a personalized mileage run for you!
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Other MQD Runs We’ve Blogged This Week
- New York JFK to Lima, Peru: Weekend Overnight Business Class Run: $3777 MQD, 14,166 MQM, 18,888 SkyMiles!
- Elite Aeromexico Business Class Run for Delta MQD: Los Angeles LAX to Santo Domingo! $2276 MQD & 10,900 MQM for $640!
- Business Class Run for Delta MQD: New York JFK to Santo Domingo SDQ on Aeromexico: $3702 MQD, 12,054 MQM
- Elite MQD Business Class Run: Austin (AUS) to Santo Domingo (SDQ): $2133 MQD, 9699 MQM Plus SkyMiles
- MQD & MQM Elite Business Class Run from San Francisco (SFO) to Santo Domingo (SDQ): $3040 MQD, 11,241 MQM
- Take a Scenic Route From Miami (MIA) to Dominican Republic! Elite MQD Business Class Run: $2553 MQD, 9621 MQM
- Montreal (YUL) to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Business Class Run! $3380 MQD, 12,003 MQM for $915 CAN/$688 USD
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.