Ten days ago I post that NOW is the best time to book any needed 2019 elite Delta elite mileage runs you may need. The deals that have been found this week have been just epic. Low cost and amazing returns. Oh and most of them in business class that make a “fun run” so much better. Some of the runs have even worked to start 2020 that would result in status for 2020 AND for 2021 ending 1FEB2022 (yes, this is correct believe it or not). So what did you miss? Take a look
- How long does it take to freeze or unfreeze your credit report before you apply for new cards? Does a “soft pull” still work? Can you apply for cards with your credit frozen?
- What things concern you most about air travel? Measles? Privacy? Damage to the Environment? Safety of the Aircraft? Something else? Would any stop you from flying?
- Youtube interview with Delta CEO Ed Bastian at CODE 2019 – Talks about 737MAX, Boarding Zones, Medallion Upgrades, SkyMiles and more!
- $524 Orlando Florida to Dominican Republic AeroMexico / Delta Business Class Elite Mileage Run 9597 MQMs $2560 MQDs & 12,796-20,474 SkyMiles
- Delta HUB runs: DTW, NYC, ATL, SEA & More! $500-$600 in Business Class. Up to $2340 MQD Credit and 8772 MQMs for 2019!
Summer headlines are kinda wacky this week. Take a gander at the travel news stories that caught my attention as “click worthy” headlines:
- Delta Direct flight from Indy to Paris diverts to Detroit due to ‘unruly passenger’ – Punching and biting passengers (and crew)!
- PIA flight delayed 7 hours at Manchester after a passenger mistakenly opened the emergency exit door thinking it was the toilet
- How Many Delta Air Lines Shares Have Insiders Sold In The Last Year? (spoiler alert: lots and few buys)
- Airlines industry veteran Nathaniel Pieper who worked for 20 years in aircraft, commercial, financial and strategic roles at Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines to join Alaska Airlines
So tell me, have you booked any mileage runs this month? Are you going to? Have you given up on Delta elite status with all the changes? What about others travel bits we maybe missed? Please comment below and please do include a link if it is to a travel story. – René